Friday, May 1, 2020

Where The Wild Things Are

Animal prints are a design favorite that are always in fashion. They are versatile enough to be incorporated into any decorating style.
The items shown here are in my living room, and were accumulated over time. 
I have two pieces of advice when decorating with pattern, first; choose items that have the same or similar colors, and second; if you tire of things easily, choose small pieces, that can easily be swapped out, (as I have),  rather than large investment pieces such as upholstered furniture, or a expensive rug. 
This is a Bath and Body Works candle, that I purchased a while back. I like the candle fragrance, but i love the blue leopard print!
 I found the beautiful holder at a thrift store. The candle fits inside perfectly! 
This vintage, ceramic tiger does a great job of adding interest 
to my bookshelves. Choose items that you find beautiful or interesting. Don't be concerned about following trends. It's okay to be a individual. Fill your home with objects that speak to you!


This pillow, and foot stool are more neutral than other animal prints in the room,
 but they are favorites.
I purchased the pillow cover on the right from Etsy. I love both the colors and the content on the front. It fits in perfectly with my Maximalist sensibility!
 I bought a pair of the pillows on the left, from Pier 1, at a great sale price. I was attracted to the bright colors and the tasseled corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment